Wednesday, January 9, 2013

He scores


This time, yes, I am talking about the old guy.


The not texting thing is working for me.  Dude keeps writing. I
felt a little bad for being so passive so I  broke this rule one time
to write and say I'm on break finally and how is he doing?  Otherwise
I'm cold as ice. He must not think I'm a total weirdo bc he asked me
out again.

About him being 48, that my not be true. Feathers saw a girl they both
knew at a spin class and was talking to the girl about her date with
Long Beach.  Girl said, "Long Beach?  What a dud with no personality.
Plus he's old!"  True. Feathers then told her that her friend (me)
doubled with the old guy, but how the old guy was 'only' 48 so not
that bad. Girl says "Uh, no feathers. You been played a fool. The old
guy is 51."  I had a feeling this whole time he was older than 48, but
didn't know how to ask.  I don't really know this girl and maybe it's
not true, but I'm dying to know. That's all I could think about the
whole spin ride. Very distracting.

Date 4:  Well, where we met was too crowded (and trendy and young) so
we left and walked around the west village looking for someplace else
(thank god bc at the first place we would have really stuck out) and
ended up at a cozy spot that wasn't crowded at all, and luckily had an
older crowd.  He had eaten with his family beforehand so wasn't
hungry. I ordered a salad and we both had wine.

We sat at the bar for a while talking. He seems very interested in my
life and asks a lot of questions about my family. I don't think he's
the smartest guy ever.  I know that sounds snobby but I am. The whole
time I wanted to ask his age but couldn't find a right time. I have a
plan though for next time. Not that 3 years makes a difference at this
point, I just want to know. Also, as you may know, I hate liars.
(Technically Long Beach is the one who told Feathers that old guy was
48.) No patience for them. One of my biggest turn offs- this might be
why I feel the need to tell all my baggage right away- so I don't have
to lie. Come to think of it, I haven't told old guy about my bunions
yet, I did say I have bad feet. I'll have to let him know.  

This time I did say "whats your deal with the never married thing?"  He said it was not ever something he thought was important  and that he only saw bad marriages growing up so it was not appealing.  Fair enough.  At least he is consistent with what he said during the first date.  I said, "yea, being a bachelor must be fun. It's a good lifestyle,"  which I do believe to be true.  

On another note, I was planning on going to the Matzo Ball, a huge Jewish singles event on Christmas Eve.  He knew this because I had told him previously.  He said he was thinking about going too now.  Oh great.  just who I want to see at an event with a huge selection of single men.  I was not happy about t it, but I couldn't say that.  I figured I would just pretend I didn't see him if he did go and I ran into him.  I will tell more about the actual event at the end of this post.  It ended up being really fun, but also, a disaster.

After dinner he drove back to his place, he had driven to the village.
(Nissan Murano, black)

Back at his place we started to make out and yes, this eventually
turned into ya know...


Not a bad showing for the old guy, good for him!

He again wanted to lay together afterwards.  gross.  


Next time I'll wear this

I'm uncomfortable with the whole cuddle thing and I thought was obvious about
it, but I guess I wasn't w bc he seemed into it. I finally sat up and
stared at him and said that I hope he doesn't have any diseases (way
to kill a mood right?).  He said no, and to relax, we had fun  (gross).  I
tried. I can't relax. I tried to get up at one point and he said to
just lay a little longer. Uuuggggggg.  I was dying but obliged. When
he finally got up to go to the bathroom I bolted to the living room
and put my clothes on. I was 110% more comfortable. We then layed on
the couch a while - dressed.   He likes to cuddle a lot I guess. I know some
girls like this.  I'm too damaged and can't do it.  Maybe one day.
Still, with clothes on I was much more accepting of the cuddle ritual.
 After a little I moved around a lot and he knew I was ready (I had
been for a while now) to go home.

He walked me down to get a cab. I immediately called Feathers from the cab.  Thank goodness she was awake.  I had to debrief.  What a night.  

He texted me later that evening to say "very hot"  yeah of course it was, but I am glad he recognized.  

Awesome right?  I. need.


Since then I have heard from old guy repeatedly.  He had called, texted, even texted while away in Mexico.  I am super flattered.  


*** UPDATE ***
We have gone on more dates- I have another one tomorrow.  I am not planning on getting serious with this guy, but he is a good "filler."  I am still open to meeting other guys.  In fact I made out with one last weekend at a bar.  He was 6'5", Russian, 30 years old, and had a flip phone.  Not a real winner, but still, I'm open.  The old guy is good at feeding me in the meantime and I have a good time with him, so why not continue for the time being?  

I am however going to stop recapping our dates.  The all go pretty much the same, dinner, talking and then make-out...

Tomorrow he is coming over to my neighborhood and I am a little freaked out about the idea of him being in my apartment.  That makes things seem a little more serious.  I plan to avoid that at all costs.  I will pay for a taxi to his place to avid him coming up to my space.  Plus, him being here would involve doing more laundry.  I would have to wash all my sheets and blankets, and my laundry will have already been done for the week.  Its really a pain in my ass.  So no, I don't want him in my home, and no, I don't like to do laundry more than once a week.  

My mom says I shouldn't lead him on.  I say that he is somewhere around 50, and has likely led on may girls in his time so I can do it too.  I don't feel bad and I don't think I am leading him on too much either.  I don't sleep over, I don't cuddle, I don't pay, I don't call or initiate any text messaging and I don't ask about what he thinks is going on between us.  I am figuring its a mutual understanding that we are just hanging out and having a good time.  Nothing more.  I don't talk to him about it and he doesn't bring it up either.  Hope it stays this way.  If he gets the impression that I am leading him on or that I like him in any way that cold be considered serious, then we have a problem, but I don't think that is the case.  



Ok, Matzo Ball.

A huge singles event is not really my speed, but Feathers flat out told me that I AM GOING and she was buying my ticket she was so serious about it.  I relented, as long as we could pre-party.  No way I could walk into that sober.  The plan was to go to our friend LU's before.  LU drinks wine, Feathers drinks vodka, so I brought my own tequila.  This was a big ole mistake.  I drank it on ice, no mixers.  I had about 4 fingers worth, but that was enough.  We arrived at the ball.  The first people we saw were the old guys friends- one of them was Long Beach.  Super.  No sign of old guy.  He did call me earlier in the evening and said he may not go at all, so I hoped he wasn't making it. Other than this, it was a lot of fun.  everyone was single and there to have fun and meet other singles.  I would def go again if I am in the same position next year, but I hope that Im not...

 Oh- I didn't mention this yet.  A while ago Feathers and I were talking about guys we had slept with and how I could name all of mine.  She named a few guys she had slept with, one of them was in high school.  I plotzed.  One of them I too had slept with in college.  Same guy.  Crazy crazy coincidence.  It was so funny and I still can't get over how funny/weird/what a slut this guy was.  

The point of this story is, when we waled into the ball, goes who was at the door?  yeah.  the guy.  I noticed right away and told Feath once we were inside. She wanted to go back and tell him but I freaked and said no way.  

Flash forward two drinks and about 2 hours.  We were at the bar either ordering a drink or paying a bill, I can't remember.  The guy was behind us.  No stopping Feathers.  She told him our story.  He remembered us, we all laughed.  He said he was so embarrassed, although I don't really believe him.  The whole situation was something else.  He bought us all shots.  I decided to drink them ALL while Feathers left me with him for a minute to pay the bill.  We left shortly after this.  The night was fun, but turned into a bust.  They over charged Feather's card, I drank my limit and things took a turn.  

Old guy never made it to the ball, which is a good thing.  


No comments:

Post a Comment