Saturday, October 20, 2012

okC- not so hot

So jury duty only lasted one day- I was dismissed because I have to much compassion and wouldn't have been able to fairly decide on a case involving an old lady in a taxi accident.  Also, I think the lawyers thought I asked too many questions.  This was good because I didn't want to be picked for  a case that took me out of work for a few days, bad because I did enjoy doing nothing and again, fell behind on my HB.  In other news- my computer has been out of commission for the past few months.  Sisters hubby, a genius in the tech field (in many other areas too, except his college sports allegiance) hooked me up with a system that allows me to use it again.  He is amazing.  I can now post more often, which may have been one of the reasons he helped me.  He reads this and provides very insightful feedback.

Over the past few weeks I have been blowing up on ok cupid.  I went on two dates, and am thinking about going on others.  These guys pay!  The dates are also great practice for my dating skills, and who knows, one day I may meet a guy on there who is the right guy.  Doubtful, but who knows.

Name: t-rex (because he had short arms, like a t-rex!)  Someone suggested this name to me and I loved it so thank you.
Age: profile says 34, but I think he's more like 38.  Or he ages REALLY badly.
Date 1: Wine bar 2 blocks from my place.  Yeahyea!
The date was arranged over text.  Seems like phone calls are a thing of the past.  I was dreading this date because
1. He has stupid looking hair in his profile pics
2. He seemed like a huge nerd
3. I (or rather a friend with access to my account) contacted him on okC.  After this date I decided I am only going out with the guys who contact me.  It shows that they have some confidence, which is important when dating someone like me,
4. I had girlfriends who went out that night and would have way rather gone with them.

I went anyways.  He was running late which was good news because I was too.  However, he walked there.  This made no sense to me because he lives a mile and a half away and it was really humid out and he was running late, so why not get in a cab?
I got there first and yikes! I knew someone at the bar.  It was a woman I know though my professional (hah) life.  She is totally awesome though and I told her I was meeting a guy there from a website and that it was all my friends fault for setting it up.  She thought it was hilarious and had also been on blind dates at the same bar.  She promised to pretend she didn't know me when he came in.  This didn't end up being a problem though bc he was so late that she left before he arrived.  i was thinking about doing the same.

t-rex was so nervous!  The date lasted 2 hours, 2 glasses of wine each and bruschetta.  I think he wanted to touch my hands or arms, i could just tell.  So I sat with my arms folded, i wasn't having any of that.  I knew right away that this would be a one date guy, but I stuck the date out becauseI am so polite and wanted a drink.  The conversations wasn't horrible, but it was boring and because I wasn't interested in him I didn't care about what he had to say. Plus, his little t-rex arms kept throwing me.  After two hours were up I said I had to go home, he asked for the bill and took it immediately and paid.  No questions asked.  This part I really liked.  

The servers at this bar were excellent. I am sure there are a lot of blind dates that happen there and they knew exactly how to approach the table without making things awkward.  I remember when I used to go out and see dates at bars and could always tell if it was a first date, and how uncomfortable the people looked and probably felt.  Being on the other side of that now sucks because I know there are other people at the bar like me, looking at my date and judging.  Its a weird feeling.

At the end of the date t-rex asked if I would like to go out again.  Way to put a girl on the spot.  I said yes because I felt bad, but really had no intention of ever seeing him again.  He texted me the next day suggesting we meet up next week.  Then he called and left a message a few days later.  I haven't responded.  Mean I know, but t-rex is really bad at reading body language.  I didn't kiss him after the date and feathers says that if a date is good, it always ends with a kiss. She should teach class.  He also did not ask to walk me home, thank god, because I wasn't going home.  I went straight to 16 handles and got sugared up.





No comments:

Post a Comment