Friday, December 28, 2012

A blind double


 
It took me a while, too long, to get back in the swing of things after going out with the storm.  I was really unreasonably upset about not hearing from him. I still am. I would love to run into him and say WTF storm?  But I won't. I am sensing a patten though where I go on a few dates with guys and never hear from them again. I am trying to be really nice too. I try to be flirty via text (this is not at all natural for me).  I for sure was nice to storm, I even decided I liked him.That's why I am most upset. But I learned. My take away lesson was- dont like guys. Don't let them into my black heart until they really earn it. This will be no easy feat. It will require many meals, chivalry, being nice and putting up with my bs, and not expecting me to make any first moves. Bc I won't.

While I was back hime with my parents for Thanksgiving I had to tell them I hadn't heard from storm. Which was annoying, but my mom felt bad and signed me up for match.com so I came out ahead...  Match is like a fancy okcupid. It's fun, and sort of feels like online shopping, for men!  It can be a lot of work though. I try not to go on every day, it makes it more interesting when I do. One interetesting person I found on there is my ex. This was something I obsessed over when I saw. It required a night of Chinese delivery. I didnt click on his page bc he would see if I did, so Feathers did it :).   Flash forward me month- I sign on after not doing so for a week, and he just viewed my profile. What a f-er. Good thing I had frozen treats in my freezer (the food thing is becoming a maj problem). 

Now that I'm ready to 'get back out there again' Feathers convinced me to go on a double date with her. This was a blind date for me. She was going out with a guy (52 years old-we think) she met on match. He had met her out on Saturday with his friend.  Coincidentally she happened to know the friend. She said "hey old guy (this is the friend) you should go out with my awesome, beautiful, cool friend honey badger".  She had a date scheduled for Wed with her man, and he texted her that me, the HB should come and he would bring old guy and we can double. The reasons I agreed to go are:
1. Food. Duh
2. Drinks. Duh. 
3. I knew I wouldn't have to pay bc Feathers would never have that, plus they are old so they wouldn't make us pay
4. I knew it would make a great blog post
5.  Come on!  A double date with Feathers?!?!  It HAD to be good

It was.

Name: lets stick with "old guy"
Age: 48 (yeah, I know. Old as fuck. Plus, he could totally be lying and be way older)
Met: covered this already
Date 1: Local sushi joint. The bartender there knows our exact order. Old guy was impressed. 

Feathers and I arrived together, late.  My old guy was there already. Feathers' old guy was driving in from Long Beach and wouldn't arrive until later. Ran really late. We ordered drinks at the bar. Old guy was impressed the bartender knew our exact orders (is that impressive?  Or embarrassing?). We talked and eventually sat at a big booth bc Long Beach still was a bit away. We ordered a few appetizers and all talked. It was super weird bc it was a blind set up.  Thank god Feath was there to make things less awk.  Although, old guy really could hold his own and was perfectly normal and nice. 
Once Long Beach arrived the party started. We all ordered sushi and more drinks were coming. We were all in conversation. Feath  asked them. Both why they never married (we planned this ahead of time). They said they were never interested in it, and focused on their careers, plus spending 20+ years with someone freaked them out. Juveniles. I made fun of old guy for going on trips with a bunch of Jewish singles.  One of these trips is where Feath met him.  Long Beach doesn't go on them. Old guy was a hit with the ladies on these trips, although I'm not sure why bc he's old.  Anyways, he took me making fun of him well, which is super important. 

On the other side of the table Feath and Long Beach were sucking face. It was really funny. After the restaurant we went to our regular bar around the corner. We all hung out there. It wasn't crowded at all so it was very nice.  Feath and Long Beach kept making out. I went to the bathroom.  It's a small place so you can hear conversations I the bar while in the bathroom.  I heard Feath ask old guy where I was. She told him I must like him (not really true) bc I was still there. She said that I didn't like him I wouldn't have sat still for so long and probably would have left. Paints a nice portrait of me huh?  Anyways, it was funny to listen to that conversation. 

Eventually I kissed with old guy. We left the bar around 1, the other couple stayed later. He walked me home and we kissed some more by my place. I said good night

He texted me the next day to tell me he had fun. Of course he did. Of course he did.  

Lesson: A double with Feathers leads to lots of fun. Also, old men like young girls (I already knew this though). 


No comments:

Post a Comment