Friday, December 28, 2012

Cheesy old guy

 
Not one, but 3 TVs!  Score!

I was a little surprised to hear from old guy and have him ask me out again. He said to pick a night to go out for my birthday. I picked Tuesday but he changed it to Wed bc Tues he would be working late and couldn't meet until later and he's old, he has to go to bed by a certain time. 

Date 2: Mussels restaurant on the UES
Old guy asked if there was anything I didn't eat ahead of time. I said dairy. He picked this place. I was terrified. I should have said shellfish. I am not a big shellfish eater and it didn't occur to me to mention it when he asked if there was anything I didn't eat. I decided to be a trooper. I heard it was a great restaurant so I thought I'd just go for it. I am glad I did bc I loved it and will so go back. It should be noted that he used a joke about muscles/mussels more than once via text. Both before and after the date. I think he's trying to be hip and cool, but comes across as more weird and cheesy.  Especially to me, who is hard to please and is not a fan of cheese. 
He was a little late, but that was fine. The reservation wasn't until 9 (so late, but I am a party animal). We had a drink around the corner at a different bar first. The conversation was easy.  We went to eat at the restaurant. I was a little (lot) self conscious walking in with him bc I thought people at the restaurant probably think I'm with my dad. Or else they were thinking, why is she with that old dude?  I got over this quickly, but it still irked me. 

Had a good time choosing which pots of mussels to order. We ordered a lot of food (this is a HUGE positive for me). 2 pots, a salad, fries.  There were probably 50-60 mussels in all. The waiter explained that towards the end of the night they give more bc they have to get rid of them all each night. This seems like a great secret to keep about the place if you really like mussels. I will be going back late next time I eat there, thats for sure. 
After dinner we walked to his apartment.  His 'move' of getting me there was asking me if I wanted to watch the 12/12/12 concert?  I did so I went. He was telling me about his two tv system, which sounded end cool and it is. He has 2 big flat screens mounted on the wall side by side. Mostly for watching sports, it was cool. He has a nice place and a big terrace.  We watched the concert, made out. I felt weird the whole time bc I kept thinking he's old. I also kept thinking he could likely have a disease bc he's had wayyyy more time to catch one. Also, that he probably just wants to get in my pants and that made me feel dirty. Because of this I wouldn't let him take my shirt off.  I was adamant about this.  My reasoning was that I can still say I kept my clothes on (also bc I had just eaten a TON of mussels and was feeling pretty large and in charge).  He thought that was ridiculous but I don't care and told him that. 
The night was fun.  Around 11:30 I said I had to go home.  He was a real gentleman and walked me out to the corner to get a cab.  

He scored extra points by texting me some cheesy message the following day.  But again, I think his goal is to get in ma pants, and I am making that pretty difficult. He attempted a booty call the night before my bday by texting "hey bday girl, meet me later for a bday kiss?"  See, old guy is kinda cheesy. I shut that down right away and said I was out with friends (true) and will take a rain check. I'm no booty call. Pulease

He did call me on my birthday, I didn't answer. It was really nice of him to call though. He left a message and asked me out for Monday. I texted him back saying thanks and yes to Monday.  

Like I said, I'm not opening the black heart up any time soon. I know that sleeping with a guy can screw a girl up in the head so I am going to wait on this. I won't wait long I am sure. But as long as I can. The fact that I think that is his end goal also makes me want to keep 'em shut for now too.  

Unless its my birthday...  See next post

No comments:

Post a Comment