Monday, September 24, 2012

A learning experience, and dating is tiring!



After freaking out for the 3 days that I  hadn't heard from rock
climber after we banged (during which time he was, in fact, on a trip
rock climbing)  I realized that I am not being a reasonable human
being. We are not in a relationship and there is no reason I should have
to hear from him everyday. I am still new to this and all the oddities
of dating. I was so stuck in a routine. I am better now and will be
more relaxed about communication.  However, it is nice to hear from
him and he called me on the phone this past week and that made me
happy. Good move by him.

Other things I learned:
I have to shave my legs a lot more now
I am running out of cute outfits
I wish I had gotten waxed at the beginning of the summer bc now I
stuck shaving and that stinks
I recently acquired a lot of neon clothing that somehow works its way
into every date
Gum is acceptable food when trying to lose weight before a date bc it
comes in many flavors
Go the the bathroom after eating on the date to check for food in my
teeth (carry floss for this). Also go just in case I bring a guy back
to my place bc I dont want him to hear me pee.
Don't drink more than the guy (I dont really follow this, but should)

The worst part of dating, I've decided, is having to dry my hair so
often. I hate drying my hair, in the summer especially. This guy has
now gotten 4(!!) blowouts. I swore I wasn't going to do this on the
date, but it was so humid out I felt like I didn't have a choice.

I also learned that ok Cupid is an awesome website and am obsessed
with it. It is free so I am very careful, but it asks the funniest
questions an I love answering them. It's a blast- whether it leads to
a date or not, it's so fun. There are some super hotties on there too.

Date 4: sushi place, again
This is okay with me though bc I really like this restaurant. We ate
outside- ordered pretty much the exact same thing- sake, tuna tartar,
rolls, etc.  I knew we would have to have a meaty conversation during
dinner. I had to tell him about my divorce. I was nervous about this,
mostly bc I don't know what he would ask and I had not talked about it
really on a date yet. He was totally cool about it though.  Asked
normal questions- How long was I married? Where did we live? When did
I get divorced?  I asked what his deal was- he's been in two long term
relationships before so has no commitment issues, I don't think. After
that he asked "what else?" I said "I swear a lot". He hadn't noticed
and I explained that it's because I was trying to reign it in and my
reasons for swearing are bc I am a teacher and have to talk nicely
alllllll day so I need a release. He said he noticed my eye rolling
more. Super. I now have to control that aaannd my mouth.
Oh, I also told him that I am going to be in Michigan for the month of
August (bought my ticket today!) just so he was prepared, ya know.  If
he really likes me a lot I don't want to mislead him. He said he
understood and it makes sense bc he knows I'm really close with my
fam. Also it explains how I can live in NYC- I get my extended MI time
in the summer.

After dinner we walked back to my place, made out, and I bet you think
I am going to say we had sex. But you are WRONG. Kudos to me!
Just kidding- really I had my period so I couldn't. This is something
else I was dreading having to tell him on the 4th date. Maybe even
more than the divorce talk. The sex precedent had been set so I know
he was expecting it, oh well. We still fooled around- just no sex (of
any kind).  I do think he was disappointed but it gives him another
reason to go out with me again.   At 1am  he said he was going to go,
I said he can stay. He said ok.  Sleepover!  He willingly agreed to
wake up to this ---picture what I look like in the morning, if you
haven't seen it, trust me, not pretty. Lucky for me (?) I can't sleep
at all these days so at around 6 am I got up to brush my teeth, clean
my face, look somewhat acceptable.  It worked, bc he said it looked
like I slept well and I looked nice in the morning even though I told
him I hardly slept. Cool. He took a shower- clearly he had the
intention of staying over bc he had a clean shirt, undies, and
deodorant. Its fine though. I would do the same thing. I am pretty
sure I'll see rock climber again :). I guess we have a little more
time before I leave town to see where this goes. I don't want to fall
for "the rebound guy" as my dad says, but seriously, no one else to go
out with, so....  I plan to date in Michigan. If it gets serious, I'll
deal with that then.

As promised in previous email:

I went to a beautiful wedding in Southampton this past weekend. I knew there would be a few single guys there and was looking forward to mingling with them.  This is the first wedding I've attended since officially single.  It seems the guy I started talking to knew I was single. I don't think there were many single girls  there so the guys were forewarned about the eligible ladies. This is what I am guessing they were told "Teach is single and is easy. Go talk to her. She likes to drink too. Also, she's awesome". Good for funny boy who came and talked to me. I had a great time with him, I definitely drank too much, as evidenced by 
1. Bruises on my feet, shoulder, ass
2. Disarray in the bathroom in the morning
3. Waking up panicked bc I didn't remember what happened or how I got home
4. This message, left on my iPad.

Honey Badger,

What we shared last night was magical. Until you ceased to function due to excessive alcohol consumption. Despite my having to carry and position you like a Barbie doll for the last half hour we spent together, I would still love to see you again...perhaps even today (Sunday) so we can rub our naked bodies together like we planned. Call me when you wake up so I know you're alright.

-A

So, yeah, fun night.  How funny is this note?!?!  
I have to respect A for not taking advantage of me.  I did have to see him at the brunch the next day. I tried so hard to get out of going but Co wouldn't have any of that.  Now I am supposed to go out with him next week.  It amazes me that he wants to see me again, seeing how I was a complete disaster that night, and he didn't even get to tap this.  

He is funny and did text me that he thinks I am awesome (duh) so I had to agree to see him again. I'm leaving for a month soon anyways, I have to stay busy in the meantime.  Rock climber is the worst at texting too, so I have no idea what our plan for the week is and A is a good distraction.  Hopefully he'll call tonight, but I have other things in the works....


No comments:

Post a Comment