Monday, September 24, 2012

Bam! A Nice Guy



Gaining experience…one date at a time…
I think I am getting the hang of dating.  I have tried different ways of blowing guys off, both worked!  I have my date outfits set, and keep finding new ones.  I am able to talk and text these guys without a lot of coaching.  This was a big step.  Co was doing all of this for me in the beginning.  Also, I am having a lot of fun writing about my dates.  It makes me feel like even if the date was a bust, I can still get something out of it and laugh about it later.  Some of my friends are used to my “stream of conscious emails” as I like to call them.  Now I have actual things to write about.  See how nice it is to be a teacher?  I have a lot of free time to do this stuff.  

Name: Bam
Age: 30
Met: I bugged my friend to set me up with one of her fiancé's friends.
She has in the past, although it only lasted 2 dates. I wasn't fully ready to date at the time.  I want to feel as uncomfortable as possible at her wedding, so I'm going to date all their friends.  (Another example of me accomplishing this is I called her older brother a fox, like an old Jewish woman might. I also really stand by this description of him. He is super foxy, and married.)  
She remembered one of their friends was single, I saw his pics on
Facebook, he is cute so I gave the go ahead (some of these pictures were shirtless, he is pretty fit…). She messaged him to look me up and get back to her.  He surprised us all by skipping the middleman and messaging me directly. I was super impressed.
 My friend’s description of Bam was “very nice guy who can hold a conversation”  “really nice and easygoing”  “really nice guy.”  This was quite a build up.  I was expecting to meet the NICEST MAN ALIVE.  Also, she told me to “get after it,” which I love love love.  

We spoke on the phone and we had a lot to talk about. He likes TV- me too!  He is witty and smart- me too!  We spoke a second time, and this is so cute... I think he researched current events so we had things to talk about.  Colorado fires, Florida floods. Sadly I did not know about either, being too preoccupied with the new kit kat topping at 16 handles, the tomkat breakup, looking at myself in the mirror (Everyone does it.  You know you do too), and sleeping. I pretended I was up to date though- fooled him!
He asked to meet for drinks in two weeks. I thought this was a little strange, but whatever.  It gave me time to debloat.   He called back 5 minutes later (I didn't even have time to text my friends about the future date). We rescheduled to meet that Friday, much better.

Date 1: A gastro pub in the village
It was 94 degrees outside so I was stressed about everything- hair, sweaty pits, what to wear. I was also really excited because he was cute and I was ready for a normal guy.
The date went well. It lasted 2 hours and 10 minutes, which I'm told is a good length for a first date. I had a good time. I discovered he is young, 30- I am trying to be okay with that. He thought I was in my 20's, major compliment.  I think it's because I am tan, I certainly don't feel that young.  I guess I am pretty hot.  It must be from standing in front of the mirror all the time and thinking about the best way to suck in. 

Relevant details: he's from Long Island, got his MBA and lived with his parents for the past year to save money.  He is moving to Queens this month.  He really is the nicest guy.  Super polite, funny, and kind.  All good things.  The nice guy description was pretty spot on. 
We had two drinks each.  Bam was very enthusiastic.  He seemed like he had a lot of energy.  I don’t know if he was nervous, or if he is an intense guy.  I am not energetic, at all.  I did enjoy his happy nature and really appreciated the easy conversation.

We took the subway back uptown together.  He got off at Penn Station- I was praying that he didn’t kiss me.  Not that I wouldn’t kiss him, but I had to stay on the train and then the other people on the train would see, and I would have to stay on the train with all the people who watched us kiss, it would have been weird.  He didn’t, yay?  He said he would call this week.  We’ll see if he does.  (Update: he did not)  I would go out with him again.  I would like him to be older, or to at least seem older, like a big beefy man, like the fox.  Who knows.  I don’t have much else happening, and it’s nice to be with a normal, nice guy.    Slobber factor remains to be determined…

No comments:

Post a Comment